Park West’s mission is to respect children as growing individuals, provide support and varied opportunities to further their thinking, and help them develop a love of learning. We want to meet each child, and each family, where they are, and to foster a community within which optimal growth and learning can take place.
We aim to do this by:
- Creating an emotionally secure environment with trusted teachers to guide, collaborate, and help extend each child’s thinking.
- Offering a climate of mutual respect in which children are taken seriously and where children are allowed the chance to formulate, express and try out their ideas.
- Providing opportunities to learn about the arts, science, numbers and literacy, in meaningful ways through our play-based curriculum.
- Incorporating parents into daily school life as they assist in the classroom and perform the functions of our co-op.
- Refining and extending our own thinking around early childhood education ideas by studying, deliberating and discussing the theories we actively apply in our classrooms.